|Faroese Christmas seals|
- Prohibits ANY interference with any whale inside the Faroese Territorial boundary.
- Will be arrested, if they come within 1 Nautical Mile of a Grind.
- The Police now have the authority to arrest people preemptively and detain them for up to 12 hours without charges, if they can be suspected of planning to interfere in the Whaling.
- It is illegal to plan, order or recommend someone to break the law. The person doing so will be arrested.
- The Police now have the authority to perform house-, car- and ship searches, as well as strip-search persons WITHOUT Court Search Warrants, if the Police suspect intentions of breaking this law.
- ANY equipment used to break the law or intended for breaking the law can now be confiscated.
- The recommended jail time for EACH breach of the law is set to 2 years.
- The MINIMUM fine for breaking the law is ($3.800) which DOUBLES for every additional violation.
|Faroese welcoming party for Sea Shepherd|