Friday, February 11, 2011
Egypt Mubarak resigns and the USA........
Egypt’s President Hosni Mubarak resigned. If the Obama regime was smart they would shut up. Leave this issue to the people in Egypt. We in the USA have no idea who or what will surface as the leader of Egypt. This is reminiscent of the 1979 Iranian Revolution where President Carter injected the USA, and look what that resulted in.
CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) director Leon Panetta the day before Mr. Mubarak’s resignation, stated Mubarak was going to resign the day before he actually resigned. When Mr. Panetta was asked about his mistake, he stated he received his information from the news media. Hun? The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) getting their intelligence from the news media? If so, then who needs ‘em?
Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said of the Muslim Brotherhood to be “largely secular.” Secular means: not religious. Does Mr. Clapper know the first word in “Muslim Brotherhood is “Muslim”, and that “Muslim” is religion (adherent of the religion of Islam)? Claiming the Muslim Brotherhood is a joke and must have something to do with political correctness.
We need to remember in 2010 many news reports coming out of Egypt reported Egyptians killing pigs belonging to Christians. Many Christian churches burned and Christians attacked.
The mob in the Egyptian streets demanded democracy. Mubarak said they would have it in September. However the mob wanted him out so he left. Can you say coup d’état (bloodless overthrow of the government).
Per the Egyptian Constitution, Chapter Five, Part One, Article 84:
“Speaker of the People’s Assembly shall temporarily assume the Presidency”
See below link:
Then how come the Egyptian military is assuming power? Democracy? More like mob rule causing the military to fill in the power vacuum
Highlights from the Pew poll conducted in Egypt:
• 49% of Egyptians say Islam plays only a "small role" in public affairs under President Hosni Mubarak, while 95% prefer the religion play a "large role in politics."
• 84% favor the death penalty for people who leave the Muslim faith.
• 82% support stoning adulterers.
• 77% think thieves should have their hands cut off.
• 54% support a law segregating women from men in the workplace.
• 54% believe suicide bombings that kill civilians can be justified.
• Nearly half support the terrorist group Hamas.
• 30% have a favorable opinion of Hezbollah.
• 20% maintain positive views of al-Qaida and Osama bin Laden.
• 82% of Egyptians dislike the U.S. — the highest unfavorable rating among the 18 Muslim nations Pew surveyed.
Link to Pew poll: